First and foremost, Senior Business Analysts are passionate about analyzing and interpreting data to help clients make data-driven decisions that will drive growth. As a bridge between our data scientists and our clients, Senior Business Analysts never lose sight of the number one objective: helping our clients gain actionable insights from data that will allow them to make better, faster, smarter decisions.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Apply advanced mathematical and analytical methods to the solution of practical problems facing clients across many industries, including, but not limited to: business, media, healthcare, and manufacturing.
- Work with business clients to understand KPIs and communicate these clearly to data scientists, data engineering, and other technical teams.
- Perform data analysis using cutting-edge data science and data visualization software to determine the best outcomes; identify trends and patterns; extract key insights, recommendations, and conclusions; and communicate those points succinctly.
- Define data requirements and gather and validate information, applying judgment and statistical tests.
- Analyze results, review data for anomalies, investigate to identify and determine causes, and correct data inaccuracies and inconsistencies as necessary.
- Analyze information obtained from management to conceptualize and define operational problems.
- Study and analyze information about alternative courses of action to determine which plan will offer the best outcomes.
- Collaborate with senior managers and decision makers to identify and solve a variety of problems and to clarify management objectives.
- Prepare and present reports regarding the results of mathematical modeling and data analysis for executive-level clients with compelling visualizations that effectively summarize data findings and lay out key insights, recommendations, and conclusions.
- Collaborate with others internally and externally to ensure successful implementation of solutions.
- Work directly with clients to oversee all aspects of a project: from understanding their business challenges through data collection, data analysis, presentation of results and recommendations, and implementation of our data science software, Aunsight.
- Requires Master’s degree or the foreign equivalent in engineering, computer science, analytics, mathematics, or a closely related field.
- Requires three years of experience working with business clients to understand and clearly develop KPIs.
- Requires three years of experience reviewing and analyzing available data (including structure, thresholds of records, and other data formatting and storage information) and determining quality of data in relationship to KPIs.
- Requires three years of experience in data analysis including work with SQL and/or Tableau.
- Requires two years of experience with mathematical and statistical functions including margin calculations and percent change calculation.
- Requires one year of experience performing extract, transform, and load techniques on disparate datasets to create final datasets.
- Requires excellent written and verbal communication skills, with ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical audience.
- Experience may be gained concurrently.