Infrastructure Engineers set up and manage our end-to-end cloud analytics platform that was designed to manage and automate data ingestion, compute resources, data set creation, advanced data science, and accelerated data interaction—allowing dramatically increased speed to insights.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Utilize basic knowledge in the areas of infrastructure, networking, operating systems, distributed systems, security, and data movement technologies (such as NFS, Rsync, SFTP/SCP) to address specific operational components or deployments within a given platform.
- Investigate, design, and build platform components around a new idea, use case, or active need.
Basic Knowledge Requirements:
- Virtualization methodology and strategy – Why and when to virtualize. VMware experience is a plus.
- Enterprise networking concepts – Intermediate understanding of networking, VLANs, etc.
- Enterprise infrastructure concepts – Intermediate understanding of server selection criteria and hardware troubleshooting.
- Intermediate knowledge of CentOS or RHEL linux distributions.
- Basic programming skills (variables, objects, functions, loops, package usage.)
- Basic scripting capabilities (ability to read and modify Python and node.js is required. Ability to develop in Python and node.js is a plus.)
- Proficient Linux shell manipulation (FS navigation, Shell scripting, OS error troubleshooting.)
- Ability to think and act methodically, while troubleshooting.
- Ability to adapt, self-educate, and overcome challenges outside his/her area of expertise.
- Ability and motivation to learn and grow technically and professionally.
- Ability to consistently test actions and plans against intentions and optimization strategies.
- Ability to pre-identify failure scenarios in existing deployments as well as new designs.
- Communicate in a clear, calm, and timely manner with coworkers and clients.
- Demonstrates strong customer services skills, understanding that every person (internal and external) is a client.
- Ability to share new ideas and challenge the status quo thoughtfully and with respect.
- Basic enterprise workspace management (WiFi, AntiVirus, Network Printing).
Location: South Bend, IN