First and foremost, Business Analysts are passionate about analyzing and interpreting data to help clients make data-driven decisions that will drive growth. Business Analysts are excellent communicators with a perfect blend of business acumen/ industry knowledge and big data technical skills. As a bridge between our data scientists and our clients, Business Analysts never lose sight of the number one objective: helping our clients gain actionable insights from data that will allow them to make better, faster, smarter decisions.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work directly with clients to oversee all aspects of a project: from understanding their business challenges through data collection, data analysis, presentation of results and recommendations, and implementation of our proprietary data science software, Aunsight.
- Apply advanced mathematical and analytical methods to the solution of practical problems facing clients across many industries, including, but not limited to: business, media, healthcare, and manufacturing.
- Define data requirements and gather and validate information, applying judgment and statistical tests.
- Perform data analysis using cutting-edge data science and data visualization software; identify trends and patterns; extract key insights, recommendations, and conclusions; and communicate those points succinctly.
- Analyze results, review data for anomalies, investigate to identify and determine causes, and correct data inaccuracies and inconsistencies as necessary.
- Prepare and present reports for executive-level clients with compelling visualizations that effectively summarize data findings and lay out key insights, recommendations, and conclusions.
- Develop and document processes to support best practice analyses.
- Master’s Degree, or equivalent, in a quantitative discipline: engineering, computer science, analytics, mathematics, or a related field.
- Sharp technical skills/ aptitude, complimented by strong business experience/ industry knowledge.
- Strong analytical and statistical skills.
- Experience with at least one data visualization tool, preferably Tableau.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with an ability to communicate technical concepts in terms that a wide audience can understand, regardless of their technical aptitude.
- Resourceful in getting things done, self-starter, and productive working independently or collaboratively – ours is a fast-pace entrepreneurial environment with performance expectations and deadlines.
- Ability to learn quickly and contribute ideas that make the team, processes, and solutions better.
- Ability to communicate your ideas (verbal and written) so that team members and clients can understand them.
- Ability to defend your professional decisions and organize proof that your ideas and processes are correct.
- Share our values: growth, relationships, integrity, and passion.
- Previous consulting or client service experience.
- Experience working with database structures.
- UI/UX design or development experience.