As a Big Data Engineer, you will be responsible for developing, maintaining, testing, and evaluating big data solutions utilized within Aunalytics. You will be a member of the software team, but work closely with our infrastructure team.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Implement, support, and maintain big data tools and frameworks.
- Assist in the development of deployment automation and operational support strategies.
- Deliver near-real time and non-near-real-time data and applications to a team of analysts and data scientists who create insights and analytics applications for our stakeholders.
- B.S. (or equivalent through education/work) in a computational discipline: Computer Science, Web Development, Human-Computer Interaction, Mobile Computing, Graphic Design, Software Engineering, or related field.
- Understanding of modern data structures and reporting tools.
- Experience designing/integrating heterogeneous software systems.
- Resourceful in getting things done, self-starter, and productive working independently or collaboratively – ours is a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment with performance expectations and deadlines.
- Ability to learn quickly and contribute ideas that make the team, processes, and solutions better.
- Ability to communicate your ideas (verbal and written) so that team members and clients can understand them.
- Ability to defend your professional decisions and organize proof that your ideas and processes are correct.
- Share our values: growth, relationships, integrity, and true grit.
- Three or more years of hands-on experience with Big Data Systems such as: Hadoop, Apache Spark, Apache Drill, Apache Alluxio, and Docker.
- Experience with large distributed data and systems.
- Experience developing and managing data warehouses.
Location: South Bend, IN